RE: PI Bosch Fuel Pump

To: dstauffa@csc.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: PI Bosch Fuel Pump
From: Don Guthrie <don.guthrie@netlink.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:04:15 +1300
Dave,

I've done this conversion and mounted the pump in the same place as the
original Lucas, but with a Facet pre-pump mounted down by the fuel filter
to push petrol up to it. It works OK but I suspect the Facet causes some
slight pulsing in the fuel delivery. You will also need to do some wiring
work to ensure there's enough current available to both pumps.

If I did it again I'd do it another way - mount the Bosch on the
chassis-rail underneath the boot so that it gets maximum gravity pressure,
and also gets well cooled (I have had the Bosch overheat on me once,
admittedly in hot weather with luggage packed too close around it). There
is an ex-rally car in Christchurch (NZ) I've heard of that is set up this
way and apparently goes well.

You'd probably want to put some kind of crud-protection around it to keep
it clean.

Don
TR6 PI