Re: Jersey show: another perspective

To: peb3@cornell.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Jersey show: another perspective
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:58:43 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-22 13:03:42 EDT, peb3@cornell.edu writes:

> First off, kudos to NJTA and Jack Brooks for a fun event. The cars that
>  showed up were all top-notch. There were several big Healeys that were
>  stunning. I took second-place honors to Jim Holewka's first-place '69 TR6,
>  something I'm quite proud of, since his car is a real beauty. Ed Hamilton
>  and Atwell Haines got trophies in the Spitfire class, while Bill Kelly got
>  a trophy in the "other Triumphs" class for his Herald. The convoy back to
>  Jack's house after the show was impressive: Jack's TR3, Bill Smith's TR6,
>  my TR6, the two Spits, Bill's Herald, followed by Andy's Explorer and Art
>  Kelly's Taurus (ahem). <snip>

I'll second that.  There were eight of us from the list who went to Jack's
house after the show.  Having met 7 others from the list and having spent most
of the day walking around the cars, talking and swapping stories, I now know
why the list is so great.  Good folks.

Everyone from the list who had a Triumph at the show won a trophy.  There was
also a sharp TR4 at the show which was only about a 200 cars older than mine.
It also was a factory pick-up and the original owner was showing it.  After I
spoke to the owner I think we'll have a new list member.  Are you there,
Susan?

BTW - the Taurus I was driving was a rental -paid for by the "other guy's"
insurance company.  Hopefully my 300Z gets out of the shop today - 4K in
damages - also paid for by his insurance.  (The TR4 is in Florida and that's a
2 day drive from the show location).
Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pick-up)