Most Excellent All British Meet

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Most Excellent All British Meet
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 19:50:21 -0700 (PDT)
Went to the Brit Car meet in Victoria BC today (hi Mark)

Lovely weather for it, and it sure reminded my why I hate driving into
town on the weekends ;-)

Lots of cars from (just about) every marque- Morgans, Jags, A-H's, MGs,
Sunbeam, Lotuss (Loti?) and many Triumphs.  I tried to get a picture of
each Triumph but didn't find the 2000 till after I'd ran out of film :-(
I did get a pic of John Lennon's much-photographed psychedelic Rolls,
however.

Saw a nice black Herald, lots of TR3s and TR4s, a TR6 with triple webers,
one Stag, one Italia (this one does the rounds-- saw it last year) an
assortment of spits, a Triumph van (rebadged Standard) and a gen-you-whine
Standard Vanguard.  Neat old car, but quite a stretch to the TRs ;-)

There was also a collection of Brit bikes (Norton, BSA, Triumph) but I
didn't venture too close for fear of accumulating another hobby ;-)

Lots of others on the road too, and some "exotica"- a Puma, made in South
America (gee it sounds like a Bug), neat old Model T phaeton(?),
Datsun FairLady 2000...