Confession is good for the soul . . .

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Confession is good for the soul . . .
From: "bill" <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:55:16 -0400
> Carol Zingone admitted:

> > Poor Sybill was trying so hard to start, but couldn't, because her
> > foolish owner had all the spark plug leads off by one....
> > Wouldn't have been so bad, except it was discovered at a Triumph Club
> > Tech session at my house.  A healthy serving of crow was consumed by
> > myself....

Andy Mace suggested we have all done something like this, and here is just
one of my zingers that I have committed over the years.

Scene: 1974, summer, freshly graduated from high school, first car---72
TR6,  new timing light just received for my 18th birthday, no manual

I had a 50/50 chance of choosing which was the # 1 cylinder to set the
timing on, so using my brand new high school diploma to back up my
decision,  I reasoned the # 1 cylinder HAD to be the one closest to the
driver while seated behind the wheel.

What a dog.  Backfireded, sputtered, no power, barely ran, and overheated.
After making it to work on a wing and a prayer, a wise old pro told me that
the # 1 cylinder on an in-line six was the one at the front of the car, not
back by the fire wall.  My know it all attitude hasn't been the same since
. . .

We've all done it!

Bill Wood
1973 TR6