Re: Correct Lighting - TR6

To: ewcorco@erenj.com
Subject: Re: Correct Lighting - TR6
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:42:48 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
ewcorco@erenj.com wrote:

> Should the front turn signal lamps for an early TR6 be amber/amber or
> amber/clear?  Are both still available?  Where?

The answer to the above depends upon which market your car
was produced for.  The early US-spec TR6 used amber/amber
front turn signals.  UK cars were amber/clear.

Both sets of lenses are still available.  I just ordered
a pair of front amber/amber lenses from the Roadster Factory
not too long ago.  They were in stock, look great, included
the chrome trim, and were about $17.50 ea.

Amber/clear lenses should be available from UK suppliers
such as Rimmer Brothers.

> Also, were there reflectors placed below the rear lighting
> set for specific years or commission numbers?

Yes.  I don't know the specific years or commission numbers,
but do know that were added at US port of entry for most,
if not all 1970 model year cars, and at least some 1971
cars.   I have period road tests which show US TR6s with the
rear reflectors, and have them on my 1970 TR6, CC52958

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
'70 & '74 TR6 Daily Drivers

--