synthetic oil

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: synthetic oil
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 08:26:10 -0400
Hi listers.
I just wanted to pass on my little synthetic oil experience.  Oelvis
(1971 TR6) leaks a bit, as most LBC's, but I wanted the extra protection
of synthetic.  My hope was that the engine would be better protected at
startup, without needing to put in an oil filter adapter.
I drained the fossil stuff this weekend, and put in 5W50 Castrol
Syntec.  So far, the car is doing great.  No increase in leakage.
Actually, possibly a slight decrease in leakage.  Plus, I notice the car
gets oil pressure a bit quicker, although this may be my imagination.
Sirmoog