Re: How do I stop a spinning ball joint?

To: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Subject: Re: How do I stop a spinning ball joint?
From: Steve Chandler <chand@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:45:56 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I use a regular nut (not the nyloc nut supplied) to tighten down the
taper. The nyloc nut has so much friction that the joint will spin.
With a regular nut it should tighten down easily (you may have to press
down on the joint while you are doing this), and when the joint is
firmly in place I take the regular nut off, and then put the nyloc nut
on.

I have used this method several times and has worked fine.

steve

--
Steve Chandler - Chandler-O'Bagy Associates stevec@rtd.com