Re: Spitfire Fuel Line

To: Lawrence R Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Fuel Line
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 00:15:55 -0700
Cc: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>, Michael Burdick <mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Larry,
The answer is yes, with a few comments. (I have a '75 Spit tank in my
'63.

1. Make sure you use the sending unit that comes in the late tank.
2. The late tanks don't hold as much fuel as the earlier ones.
3. There are vents that you have to work around on the late tanks that
are not on the early ones.  (Use a vented cap and seal the other vents.
4. The late tanks suction the fuel from the top through a pipe that goes
to the bottom of the tank, so you have to reroute and extend the fuel
line. (this suction pipe is the reason you must use the sender that
comes with the tank.)

Regards,
Joe

--