stainless steel

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: stainless steel
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:14:41 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>>>>> "fred" == fred thomas <vafred@erols.com> writes:

    fred> Listers, did you read the newspapers this morning
    fred> about the discovery of the USS YORKTOWN, after 54
    fred> years underwater the stainless steel was still very
    fred> bright, so the lister posting about SS on his resto
    fred> for remounting his front fenders, the car will rust
    fred> out but not your SS nuts & bolts.

I'm sure that we all know that all stainless is not created
equal.  Mil-spec stainless bolts will cost you big-time.

While we're on the subject, has anyone ever privately
purchased or used IC531 (A zinc-based primer developed by the
US government (NASA?), but now apparently available to the
public.  Or at least the folks that paint the Golden Gate
Bridge) I'm told that it's a far superior primer than most
"normal" automotive primers, and it's water based and
non-toxic to boot.  I just can't find anyone who distributes
it, and I'd love to know what it costs...
                                                        -MM