Spitfire hardtop seals

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire hardtop seals
From: "jay pollmann" <thorfinnxx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 07:59:05 PDT
In my youthful exhuberance and in preparation to paint, I disassembled
the hardtop for my spit without checking the prices of the replacement
seals. Since I'm not sure that anyone will visit me in the poor house,
I'd like to think that I could find the rubber seals for less than the
200 bills it seems it's going to take to have someone like Spitbits send
me such rare jewels. $76 for the rear window seal? If I was sure that
Greenpeace wouldn't pour blood on my car, I'd make them out of mink
skin. Is that the cheapest anyone has seen? Mine are currently kind of
cracked up and dry and sort of brittle. It'd probably take a couple of
jars of vasoline to soften them enough to remount.

I am the guy that had the windshield frame problems...after 100 hours of
bending and straightening, I found that the metal had shrunk from
welding and the window wouldn't fit in the space provided. I found a
junker spit with a good frame, 25 dollars and 2 hours later, I'd welded
it back on and it looked a thousand times better than the one I'd wasted
my time on. Everything now fits, and I have a used windshield frame for
sale. It doesn't fit any spitfire but I've spent a lot of time on it and
will part with said treasure for (100 hours x $15 an hour)
$1500...anyone interested?