Re: Police Cars

To: ashleys@es.co.nz
Subject: Re: Police Cars
From: Peter.Hore@dhs.vic.gov.au
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 98 11:54:12 +1000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>30 pages of special Police equipment from Cylinder head to headlinings.

Ashley
I would be interested to know if there were any PI based modifications for
these police cars, was the PI system upgraded or did they use standard
sedan or TR5 or TR6 settings and/or equipment?

I once heard a story that these 2500 PI's Police cars could out accelerate
a Jaguar Mk10 (E type engines?) in REVERSE.

Mk 10 and 420 Jags were favourite getaway cars for UK bank robbers as they
had good performance and could bounce off other cars and keep going. The PI
Police cars could keep up with the crims in reverse in the narrow car lined
London streets where you couldn't do a U turn easily.

Peter H

73 TR6