Re: TR4 Windshield Removal

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: TR4 Windshield Removal
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 19:30:47 -0700
Cc: MRobe33243 <MRobe33243@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I should have been more clear about shoes... YES, tennis, running,
driving shoes, etc..... something that gives you a good sense of "touch"
with your feet... as opposed to boots... but I wouldn't do it with bare
feet... while it is "safety glass"... if it does break... you could cut
your bare foot...  i.e. the idea of this glass was to keep you from
being cut to ribbons in an accident... but even with the special
laminates, if your face slams into it... you may still come out with
some cuts... etc.. So be careful out there... :)

Rather than cutting the inner rubber... which could lead to cutting
yourself... or the plastic/vinyle covering...  I'd be more inclined to
flood it with some Armour All spray... it will act as a lubricant...
without doing any damage...

Perhaps... if the foot technique just doesn't "feel" right... after
giving it the old college try... then maybe go ahead and cut the
rubber...  as an added survival method for the glass... and try again.
There's really not that much holding these things in.

On a side note...in my experience... the older the windshield rubber...
THE EASIER it comes out... as opposed to getting tighter...  Quite a
different story from most of the problems we run into with our aging
cars.

--Justin