Kent Cams

To: "Neil Penberthy" <neil@liant.com>
Subject: Kent Cams
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 10:53:08 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Neil,

At 19:28 20/04/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Kent Cams - I wanted one in my Spitire when I had the engine rebuilt.
>I used a highly recommended shop in London, run by an ex Triumph
>engineer. He said Kent cams are a POS, and refused to put one in. I
>would however like to run a hotter cam - anyone know of any (non
>Kent) options ?

Why not just regrind your existing cam? If you want to keep it, buy a spare
and regrind that. I paid only $100 to convert a stock cam to a fast-road
spec (70/30), and it must be even cheaper where you are!

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia