Spitfire Questions

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire Questions
From: John Schroth <jschroth@cyberdrive.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 17:38:24 -0400
This past Tues I had the pleasure of meeting up with fellow lister Roger
in Ind.  I picked up a 1500 motor he no longer needed. The 700 mile
round trip gave me a chance to highway test our new TransSport van.  It
makes a great motor hauler! This is my third list related transaction,
each has gone very smoothly. Thanks again Roger.
The new motor is now happily rumbling under the hood of my '76 Spit
(with the addition of a rebuilt head, my old CEI distributor, a Dellorto
intake and DHLA45 carb, PaceSetter headers, and a Monza exhaust).
My questions today deal with the Dellorto.  It seems to be running a bit
rich.  Does anyone have a manual for the DHLA 45?  Or can give me a clue
as to which pair of screws I need to tighten to lean it out.  I'm also
in need of a nice carb linkage setup.  The home made connection (using
bits of the old Stromberg) works, but not well.  Any insight as to where
I may find a roller cam setup that would bolt on to the Dellorto would
be appreciated.
I also need a steering wheel button.  It's the clear plasic one that was
on the '73 - '76 Spit.
PARTS PARTS PARTS
I have a pile of parts available, including:
*1500 Block, clean, milled, and punched to .30 over  - Make Offer
*Set of 1500 pistons, .30 over, less then 500 miles on them  - $100
*Two 1500 heads, from running motors - Make Offer
*4 speed non od trans from '76 Spit - Make Offer
*Differential from '76 (non OD) - Make Offer
*Many other Spit mechanical parts!

All are located outside of Cleveland, Ohio.

John Schroth
440-236-5929