Happy Spit

Subject: Happy Spit
From: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 17:32:17 -0700
It's a beautiful sunny day in SoCal, and I was able to fix the door lock on
the Spitfire (had to pull down and adjust the thing that holds the linkage
rod that connects to the piece that pushes the latch that unlocks the
lock). If anyone followed that, I'm sorry for you. Thanks again to Joe
Curry, Bob Sykes, Larry Hooven, Brian Kemp, and Dave Simpson for their
help!

I also installed a new mahogany steering wheel. It is made by Luisi
(Italian) and is absolutely gorgeous, and feels even nicer! I even think it
makes the Spit go through the curves around the arroyo faster as well! I
would highly recommend them if you want a nice wheel.

I got it from Prestige Autowood (408) 370-3705. It is prettier than the
Moto Litas I've seen, and he has better prices too (you do have to wait a
bit for delivery, however). No connection or anything, but this is the
second thing I've gotten from him (wood dash was first) that has exceeded
my expectations, so I felt like I should give him the plug!

All in all, one of those great to be alive and driving a Triumph
afternoons.

- Dave Moag
77 Spitfire (happier than it's been since I got it)
62 TR3B (feeling lonely and wondering if it'll ever see a road)

P.S. Sorry for the cross posting, but my help came from BOTH lists, and the
steering wheel comments are also for both.