Re: Mig

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mig
From: "Mark A. Bunce" <bunce@alma.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:52:55 -0400
>Hi Bob,
>
>> I've got the "Clarke" mig welder your talking about.  I ordered it
>> through JC Whitney.  It is a good investment.  Welding becomes as
>> easy as putting butter on bread.  I've used it several times on thin
>> and thick metals.  Works great.
>>                                      Bob Mc
>
>After recieving other posts from listers, it looks like the Sears
>unit is even less expensive ($299) and is already setup for gas.  I'm
>tending to lean that way now.  What I need to know now is sizing of
>the gas bottles.  The smallest bottle the welding supply dealer
>handles is $105 and the one he recommends is $155.  The more
>expensive one is around a 3 foot tall bottle.  What size are other
>listers using and how long does it last them?
>
>TIA
>
>Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
>
>1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (Back on the Road!!!!!)
>1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
>Restoration)
>1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
>paint)

Brad,
The 3' bottle is a 60 cubic foot bottle. Using my Lincoln 125 set for 25-30 cfh
(cubic feet per hour), it took approx. 1 bottle to put in all the
sills,floor, and
misc. repair on the right side of the spit. I use 75%Argon-25%CO2. The supplier
I use sold me a lease on the bottle for $160.00 for 10 years. Each re-fill is
$29.00. If you buy your own bottle, some places will not re-fill it or will
send it in to be re-filled while you wait a week to get it back.Check where
you
will get your gas.

Mark Bunce
1970 Mk III Spitfire (1 side done)