Front road springs

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Front road springs
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:20:11 +0000
OK, I've got the shock/spring assembely off my car.  Now it's time to
decompress, I've tryed two clip on spring compresser, with no luck.  One
did'nt fit between the coild, the other hardly fitted and I didn't trust
them to do the job safely.

I have seen advertised some front spring compresser for Triumphs, which
are two plates with round holes just smaller than the shock.  There are
two long bolts each side, which you undo or do up in turn.

Has anyone tryed this type, there 27 pounds from the TSSC, so I suspect
you can get them alot cheeper else where.  Does anyone know where.

Which way would you recomend to decompress them?

The shock adsorber I got from T.D. Fintchet don't have the correct
bushes on them, they have somthing more like small anti role bar bushes,
and washers at the top which don't fit through the hole in the
suspension.  Anyone fitted these, how did they get around the problem?

Given I can get powder coated fast road springs for 40 ponds the pair,
are these recomended over the standad, or should I get standad ones for
32 pounds powder coated.  Or heavy duty springs for 34 pounds.

Anyone know what they meen by fast road and heavy duty, in terms of
lenght, poundage, and durability?

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot