Re: GT6: which spin-on filter?

To: msecres@ibm.net
Subject: Re: GT6: which spin-on filter?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:30:47 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>OK, GT6-ers, I'm about to install a spin-on adaptor on my Mark 3.  Which
>filter to use?  I can see that it's going to have to be short and
>stubby, 'cause there ain't a lot of room down there.
>
>And what's the filter orientation?  Does it fit vertically, or at some
>angle?
************************************
Martian,
As I remember when I was going to use the spin on one with oil cooler
fittings for my GT6+ I had to mount it at an angle.  I can't remember off
hand which filter I used, but I wasn't happy with it.  It was AWFULLY small
(and funky looking) so I took mine off, and I ended up modifying my
original canister to accept the factory adaptor plate  (which I ended up
making) and hoses for the oil cooler, and used the stock canister filter.
I figured that the engine lasted this long with the factory filter, so that
was good enough for me.  I'll just put up with the mess when I change
filters, which really isn't all that often -

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)