tr6 kidney pad question

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tr6 kidney pad question
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:34:17 -0600
The TR6 came with two padded panels (sometimes called kidney pads) which
are installed along the top of the transmission tunnel under the dash.
These panels are stiffened by a metal cross-bar. The ends of the
cross-bar attach to the middle of each panel. According to the TRF
catalog, the cross-bar also mounts to the heater assembly with some kind
of rubber stopper (and screw???).

Since I seem to have lost my cross-bar, can someone who still has theirs
(or better yet who has recently looked at that part of their car)
clarify how the cross-bar is attached to the heater assembly? I can't
find any evidence on my heater that such a thing was attached to it (ie.
no screw holes).

Thanks in advance,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)