oxygen sensor questions

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: oxygen sensor questions
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 07:15:43 -0600
I was planning on adding a oxygen sensor to my exhaust system and I need
some information from those of you who have already done it. I have a late
model TR6 with dual exhaust down tubes:
1) where is the best location on the exhaust system for sensor placement?
Any special clearance problems?
2) For heated sensors is the heater wire always connected to power while the
ignition on?
3) I also plan on building a display using a LM3914 circuit that was
discussed a while back. Does anyone have any experience with the circuit?
Thanks