Re: TR6 jack points

To: peterz@merak.com
Subject: Re: TR6 jack points
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 06:56:29 1998
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>The front I just use the frame cross member in the middle.

We have to cut out, realign the towers and reweld the bottom
plate to cure the mess made by doing this on the Concours
cars.  Please jack at the side rails near the crossmember
and use wood blocks.  Its very strong near the A-arms attachment
points.

As the cross memeber ties the two towers together, an arch likely
de-aligns the frame... by shortening this distance.

The ft. cross member IS NOT an appropriate jack point - ever.

(I have considered a custom I-beam with alignment pins for the
 frame and jack that fits either end.  Safe one spot jacking!)

Roger

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 345-2879