RE: New lister needs advice

To: Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: New lister needs advice
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 18:36:37 -0500
The fitment on the TR6 doors from the factory was not what you see on today's
cars. If you notice, the bottom of the door sticks out from the rear quarter
panel. This is factory. Lots of body shops have tried during restorations to
bring this back flush with the 1/4 panel. I would imagine there is a lot of work
involved in that ( body work not being one of my interests.)  but the result,
however pleasing to the eye, is not original. As to the V-shape in the gap, my
car shows that attribute and, no, it hasn't been mickeyed with, so I have reason
to believe that it looked like that 22 years ago when I drove it off the Triumph
dealers showroom. BTW, I'm not a nut on originality nor would  my car win any
awards. But I will jump in it anytime and go anywhere. I just like driving
Triumphs!

Jeff Johnson
56k original mile '76 TR6

--