Re: Car Covers

To: bills@pagesz.net
Subject: Re: Car Covers
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 98 08:36:51 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bill Swinehart wrote:
        > Any advise or experience with the "breathing" covers available now.
Do
        > they work well, and who and where are they available from?

I use Covercraft Technalon/Evolution covers.  If you buy their "seconds"
(they may be partially soiled) the cost is $40.  They charge $5 for
a security wire cable and dinky padlock.  Call them at 800-382/3040
or see their web site at www.covercraft.com.  The correct size is #8003, and
fits the TR6 like a glove.  It is a generic size, and is not a custom-fit
cover, but I am happy with the fit.  The fabric is tough, and probably the
most resistant to wear and weather of all the available fabrics.  The down side
is that it is very bulky (you have to wash it at the laudromat) and it leaves
a slight haze on glasswork after sitting for a few weeks.

I use them on the TR6, Pantera and the Civic.  Works for me.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego