spare tire bay

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: spare tire bay
From: paulpop@ssnet.com (Paul Poplawski, Ph.D.)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 08:02:22 -0400
        I own a '57 TR3 ... a relatively recent purchase as things go.  I
just mounted new bias ply 590-15 on new 60 spoke wheels from Moss.  That's
not the problem.  I am trying to figure out what size tire and wheel will
fit within the spare tire compartment.  590-15's don't.  I assume the
original 550-15's will.  But does anyone know if 560-15's will.  I
understand these measurements will vary in terms of width of tire from
manufacturer to manufacturer.  I would like to retain the fact that The
Goodrich 590-15's I am mounting have 2 inch white walls but if worse come
to worse, I won't care about the spare.

any help appreciated
thanks
Paul