Battery drain - Ignitor

To: blang@mit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Battery drain - Ignitor
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 11:41:29 -0500
     As I wait for my new dist. cap to arrive I have time to ponder the
     hookup of the Ignitor system.

     After I installed the system, I noticed the car cranked noticeably
     slower almost immediately (same hour/day). After I ran the red Ignitor
     lead to the positive side of the coil and tried to start the car it
     wouldn't. I realized that I had pulled the wire going from the harness
     to the + coil in order to hook up the Ignitor. So, having a
     double-spaded connector on the + side of the coil, I left the Ignitor
     on one spade and put the original wire from the harness on the other.

     Is this possibly drawing current constantly, hence the slow cranking
     AND the hot coil?

     Electrically challenged,
     Jeff