Re: 3-2-1 we have IGNITION ;) Houston.....

To: jbonina@nectech.com
Subject: Re: 3-2-1 we have IGNITION ;) Houston.....
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 19:38:29 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Good show, Jeff!

A few more things you might want to think about as you finish this thing up...

1)  I think you probably do have a ballasted coil -- the "ballast resistor" is
a piece of relatively high resistance wire that's incorporated into the wiring
harness, if 6's are anything like my spit.

2)  I'd take a close look at your "new" rotor before you install it with a new
cap.  The old, buggered cap may have chewed into the rotor, and it may, in
turn, bugger the new cap.  If you do reuse the newer rotor, be sure to clean
off all of the carbon, plastic dust, and tiny brass particles

3)  I'm not sure what the standard plug gaps are for a 6, but I'd set your
plugs back to this gap, not a wider one.

4) Yes, you are running sort of rich, but you may have flooded the engine
trying to crank it over, and it may take a little bit for the mixture to settle
back down to normal.

Keep us updated and enjoy your new electronic ignition.

-Schuyler

--
Schuyler E. Grace
schuyler@bellsouth.net