Brief New Jersey Inspection Story

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brief New Jersey Inspection Story
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 21:53:07 -0700 (MST)

        Just wanted to pass along something that might lighten your day. I went
        to get my '72 TR6 inspected the other day. Knowing fully that they would
        flunk me on emmissions, I needed to get the March sticker off by
Wednesday
        or else I could get a ticket for "failure to inspect".
        Well, to my astonishment, it passed emmissions! However the inspecter
        funked me. Are you ready? The plastic reflector lense portion near
the right
        rear brake light was clouldy. He flunked me for "insufficent
reflectivity".
        (I knew he was a real tought guy after he made me to twenty pushups
- just
        kidding). So I get a new lense from British Racing Green in
Delaware, went
        to a local re-inspection place and passed. Another leagal year of
driving.

        For those who live in NJ, I am aware that I could get antique/classic
        plates, thus eliminating the inspection. But there's so many
restrictions.

        Jeff N.

Jeff C. Nathanson
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.