RE: Restoration Checklist.

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Restoration Checklist.
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 21:03:38 -0500
Thanks to Drew Rogge for forwarding the checklist that was to Derek ?;
received from Don Sforza via Ron Botting last September.  I have
forwarded it to those that inquired about the results.  If I missed
someone, just give me a yell.

Carl
(somewhere between #1 & #51 on that list... a little bit here, a little
bit there.)

I'll pick the body up at the bead blasters tomorrow.  A couple little
surprises.  Left front wing had been smashed somewhere along the way.
Body piercing very visible.  Likewise at left rear "bumper" where the
top edge was pushed into the body.    A few surface perforations on the
front fenders just in front of the a-post and at the bottom behind the
b-post.  none larger than 1/8" dia.   But it means a little extra work I
wasn't really planning on.  Also had evidence of 4 (yes that was 4)
different locations for a radio antenna (right side below windshield
stanchion; right side at top of rear wheel arch; half way between gas
filler and right side on top; and just inside the right tail light on
back)    Someone couldn't make up their mind.  Have to do a little patch
work there.  Also there are drilled holes for a luggage rack.

The outfit doing the bead blasting; dollied (?) out the center of the
nose where something had fallen on it after it was dismantled.   Fred,
the owner, took it as a challenge to figure out how to straighten it.
The nose is one of those that has a lip on the front and the dent went
against every angle that there is out there.   I brought that part home
tonight and except for it being a "ground" shiny you can't tell that
there was a problem.