Neat cars in St. Louis

To: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Neat cars in St. Louis
From: Lawrence Schilling <lchillin@siu.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:04:57 -0600
Drove my '73 STRag 220 mile round trip to St. Lou on Saturday for the
Supercross in the TWA dome, (great racing by-the-way) just amazing how high
and far they can fly a MX bike, not to mentioned the acrobatics that they
can perform while in the air like heal clickers or complete
get-off-get-back moves.

But, more of interest to this list was an afternoon spent at Hyman LTD.'s
warehouse of cars.

Partial list....
8 or so Jaguar XK120s and XK140s
6 or so Jag XKEs
6 MGT series in various states
1 TR6 BRG in low mileage excellent original condition ($14,000)
1 TR3 Yellow restored to an excellent condition ($12,000)
a few other TR3s and TR2s in various states
1 TR4 good original
8 or so Isetta and Messerschmitts
a S600 Honda roadster RHD
a Sport 800 Toyota sportscar
1955 Mercedes Gullwing (only $155,000) cheap for a half million dollar car
a Low mileage 1980 black MBG
some maserattis some lambos
couple of Rolls Royces
Lots of parts cars in the back of every kind.

Prices were reasonable on most cars although some are so rare there was no
need to ask.  I think the TR6 was priced a litte high but it was original
in everyway including factory hardtop.

Took back roads up in the morning, then cruised at 70mph on the interstate
on the midnight ride home and got 18mpg overall.  STRag performed
flawlessly and ran cool and smooth in the 83 degree stop-and-go city
traffic.  My friend who rode with, first didn't think we'd make it at all
in an old Triumph, then thought for sure it would overheat as we drove
around the city, and then thought we wouldn't be able to cruise on the
interstate at a decent speed without something breaking.

He was wrong on all counts!