Re: TR7 reputation?<2ef8b1fa.35174f05@aol.com>

To: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR7 reputation?<2ef8b1fa.35174f05@aol.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:50:55 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Starr61871@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, kbarbour@nortel.ca, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

>Starr,
>If you like the car then you can tell all those people that are telling you
>that your car is no good to go jump in a lake.  I have a 1980 spitfire that I
>personally like even though she needs work but putting the work into LBC's is
>half the fun of owning one.  For the record I too am a woman that does most of
>the work on her own car.
>Keep the faith
>Nikki

I quite agree, I get a lot of flak from people as my 73 Spit is a wreck, I have
recently(last Friday) changed the bonnet to a rust-free but extremely dented US
import, so the yellow spit now has a blue bonnet!!!  As I said, I get alot of
people say to me why don't I get a new car, to this I say, WHY?  Mines paid
for(£200) is reliable(Did 250 miles yesterday no prob's), it usually does 40-50
miles daily, and it gets about 35 to the gallon!  Why should I get into debt
for a depreciating piece of steel? :-)

Rich
Northampton
England.