<TR6>

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: <TR6>
From: AL WATSON 828-5330 NETWORK & TECH SERVICES <AWATSON@cariboo.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:50:46 -0800 (PST)
Hi people in the know!
 Have just joined the triumph list (one week) and have only recently bought
but not picked up a 72 TR6 (about 1000 pieces).
 My question is this, as with my 1970 Datsun 240Z the first year model had
a higher compression head than newer models. Anyone with a later model
datsun 6 cylinder Z engine uses this early head for more power. Is the 1969
TR6 head (8.5 CR) a quick power increase replacing the newer (7.75 cr) head.
I realize the newer TR engines had a longer duration cam to compensate for
the loss of compression but do different year TR components add together
to create a higher HP motor and still retain stock components.
The motor is already out of the car so I am going to recondition the head
and most likely the block (and clutch components).
 Thanks for now
Al Watson
4 minis
1970 240Z
1972 TR6

Alan Watson                                  EMail - Awatson@cariboo.bc.ca
Computer services                            Voice - (250) 828-5330
University College of the Cariboo            Fax   - (250) 828-5328