Re: push pull-was electric fan

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: push pull-was electric fan
From: "Thomas Carney" <panacea19@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 13:35:24 PST
OOps you are right.  Now that I think about, hell a Kawasaki 1000 can
do that!  Well I was close with the last 2 digits.  Haven't read my
warplane encyclopedia book for awhile now.  Time to refresh with
another cover to cover tour!  The germans did build some truly
remarkable things.  Where is that encyclopedia!  Damn it's at home.
Oh well...Till then I'll have to bug you guys with my never ending
GT6+ questions.  Kinda tuff when it is 300 miles awway :(
Tom

>According to my reference material, the Pheil, powered by 2
Daimler-Benz
>DB603E-1 12 cylinder liquid cooled engines, had a maximum speed of
474
>mph at 21,330 feet. It has a service ceiling of 37,400 feet.  It
took
>14.5 minutes to climb to 26,250 ft.  Each engine put out 1800hp at
>takeoff and 1900 at 5910 ft.  Althoiugh it was some 60mph faster
than
>the P38J, its climb rate was something like half that of the
Lightning.