Re: TR6-Brake help

To: Highway Star <highwaystar@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TR6-Brake help
From: "Thomas A. Strange" <jantoms@vbe.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:29:01 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Highway Star wrote:

> Ok guys, I know someone on this list is a brake expert!  What's wrong if
> there's oil in the reservoir (full) and the brake peddal is loose and you
> have no brakes?
>
> Thanks-
> Pouya

  What do you mean by loose?  Is the pedal still connected to the
pushrod going to the master cylinder?  You may not be activating the
master cyl.
  Are you loosing any fluid when you move the brake pedal?  If so, maybe
a broken line somewhere?  Be careful of rubber flex lines.  They may be
expanding but not showing a fluid loss.
  Hope this helps.

Tom Strange, Classic Autosports Ltd., Appleton, Wi.,  920-733-5013