Upholstery in Milwaukee

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Upholstery in Milwaukee
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 13:25:29 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Re-posted because I forgot to change the subject line....

    Tom> Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions. The first
    Tom> place I went to wanted $688 to do both seats but I got lucky
    Tom> and found a place that will redo the seats for $200. That
    Tom> includes labor and all materials.  Cash money and he'll skip
    Tom> the taxes too.

Any chance someone knows of a shop like this in the Milwaukee,
WI area?  I'm trying to find someone to re-do Sonja's seats
(with the optional leather, I think), but nobody has crossed
below that magic $500 mark just to _install_ the bloody kits,
let alone with the materials included.

Is this job _really_ that much work, or are good upholstery
shops able to charge what the market will bear, and I'm out of
sync?

                                                        -MM