TR-6 commission numbers

To: tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 commission numbers
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 18:05:20 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8906184101ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 18:06:42 -0800 (PST)
>>Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au> wrote:

>Obviously, the early front bumper (no cutouts underneath) had provision for
>rubber overriders.  This may explain why some 73 and early 74 models have
>overrriders.  The Moss catalogue appears to be wrong when it says that the
>rubber overriders came with the 74.5 model.

My sources indicate that all '74 US Spec models came equipped with the rubber
overriders, front and rear.  In fact, if memory serves correct, the rubber
overriders have the same part # for the '74 and 74 1/2 models.  Supposedly the
raising of the bumpers on the 74 1/2 models was accomplished by utilizing the
exact same bumper brackets (I believe the part #'s are the same) but simply
turning them upside down in order to increase the bumper mounting height!!