Re: premature hydraulic failure (clutch)

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: premature hydraulic failure (clutch)
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:08:42 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

    Allen> I'm still unhappy about the obvious honing marks on
    Allen> my slave (which, I have realised, is sleeved); I
    Allen> agree with you about the importance of smoothness,
    Allen> so I'd like to polish it. Any idea what I should
    Allen> use?

Maybe it's just me, but I've always liked a little surface
dullness in my masters.  I usually hit them with SF emery
cloth to take out burrs and then re-assemble.  The ones on
Sonja (My TR-4) were rebuilt 7 years ago with no signs of
leaking yet.  The one on my Subahu lasted 5 or 6 years 'til I
sold it.  YMMV.
                                                        -MM