TR3 water temp gages

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, tbotts@vii.com
Subject: TR3 water temp gages
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:24:46
Tom,

When you attempt to remove your water temp gage, be especially careful when
applying heat.  If you go beyond the temperature limits of the gage, the
expansion of the Naptha within the tube could distort the bourdon tube
located inside the gage.  The bourdon tube is the critical component in a
rebuild.  They are not available.  Excesive heat on the bulb in the
thermostat housing may cause the bourdon tube to distort, resulting in a
gage which cannot be rebuilt.

Check the moster list for Nisonger, in Westchester, NY or MO-MA, in AZ.
They both have received good references from people on the list.  Each
charges well below $100 to refurbish your gage, if it has a good bourdon
tube.  If the bourdon tube is expanded or does not have a nice smooth "C"
shape, it may not be rebuildable.

Be very careful when applying heat.

Jack (I've got the same stuck bulb problem) Brooks