Re: WG: : VIRUS ALERT - given out by Microsoft and AOL

To: Steinbeck Michael <Michael.Steinbeck@start.de>
Subject: Re: WG: : VIRUS ALERT - given out by Microsoft and AOL
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 07:13:34 -0500
Cc: thomas.wolf@arcor.net, sluber@controlware.de, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, JRiebel@fra.florimex.de, carolyn_steinbeck@quickmail.metadesign.de, krengel@heag.de, lutz_maass@roehm.com, di3s@hrzPUB.tu-darmstadt.de, kefreund@hrzPUB.tu-darmstadt.de, tfleck@intakt-da.de
The virus alert forwarded on to you recently is a hoax.
The message contains a lot of the warning signs of such
hoaxes, and should be ignored.  Please do not forward
virus alerts or warnings on to others without personally
verifying their authenticity.  I would highly suggest that
you read the US DOE's Computer Incident Advisory Capability
WWW page on Internet Hoaxes before forwarding any such
messages along.  Their Hoax page is at
http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html
and explicitly lists this "WIN A HOLIDAY" hoax.

--ken

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |