Re: Welders, again!

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Welders, again!
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 20:54:38 GMT
Malcom writes...

>Has anyone bought (or not bought) one of these?  Can it do body metal?
>I'm pretty sure it can't be converted to accept bottled gas, and uses only
>flux core wire- but that's OK for me.  It did appear to be wire feed tho.

Malcom, the sheet metal on our LBCs is 20 ga <about .036">  Flux core
wire feed welders are at their lower limit here.  The MIG setup is a
better choice for body work.

Also, ox-acetylene is making a bit of a comeback for body work.  More
initial distortion but better workability of the weld area after the
fact.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits