Brake caliper bleed nipples!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake caliper bleed nipples!
From: Windoseat <Windoseat@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 20:32:37 EST
Hi, listers;

The recent thread on loosening stuck bleed screws prompted me to go out and
try to unstick mine again. I drilled the hole out with a 1/4" drill bit and
then used a screw extractor. I had tried this before but couldn't get enough
torque on the extractor. Using an adjustable wrench on the extractor and a
length of pipe for leverage I heated the caliper and "Bob's your uncle" it
came free! The interesting thing was that it wasn't all that corroded. Most of
the rust was in the bottom of the threaded hole and none on the threads. The
DPO must have really cranked on the nipple to make it that tight. From what I
could see the penetrating oil "didn't". Now I can rebuild the caliper and put
in those Ezee Bleeds I bought last summer. Another caliper saved from the
scrap heap.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan