Idle on a 1980 Spit

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Idle on a 1980 Spit
From: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 01:01:59 EST
Hello all,
I have a bit of a problem and I was hoping that the wisdom of the list might
be able to shed some light into a baffling problem I have with my baby.  I
have had the car brought back to stock emissions wise with the stock intake
and exhaust manifolds installed with the stock carb and catalytic converter
but I did put on the Monza exhaust.  The problem being that the car will not
idle below 1200 RPM.  The mechanic that did the work said that if he dropped
the idle any lower then it will not pass emissions here in Illinois.  I don't
like the fact that I need to run the idle that high plus I'm sure that when I
do take it it still won't pass because the idle is too high.  I am consulting
the wizards of the list for their magic cure.
TIA
Nikki