TR 3B Tires

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR 3B Tires
From: JSTR11B@prodigy.com (MR DON K KOOS)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 18:11:07, -0500
I recently got my 62 TR 3B driving after 30 years in storage.
Obviously, it could  use a set of new tires.
The tires on the car now are 155x 15 Firestone F100 radials.  They
look real nice and the ride height is to my liking, a little closer
to the ground than a 165x15.  In the course of shopping for
replacements I have narrowed the field down to a few choices,  my
favorite being the Dunlop SP 20 165x15.  HOWEVER I also found a
Dunlop 185 65 HR 15 tire that looks very attractive. Ride height is
about equivalent to the 155 and the extra width might (?) look good
on the car.  The questions to the list are: 1) Does anyone have any
experience with a wider tire on TR 3B with 4.5" 60 spoke wires i.e.
will it fit the rim safely and, 2) will the extra width conflict with
the body.  The tire store (NTB) as offered to mount the tires for a
trial fit but before I go to the trouble perhaps someone on the list
has some thoughts.

Thanks,

Don