Dust Cap Removal hints

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dust Cap Removal hints
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 11:57:41 -0600
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
Scions,
    The recent threads on removing dust caps made me think I should mention
my trick. Months ago someone mentioned tacking a #10 nut on the inside with
their welder to ease removal in the future . Another option for the welding
impaired is to mix up some epoxy and bond the nut in. It helps to have the
screw in while dong this to make sure everything stays lined up and the
threads remain clean. BTW the screw also make a good thing to hang it from
when painting.
  Without his nut in place it doesn't take long to strip out the one thread
that is supposedly pulling the cap off the car. If you are on a tight budget
you can repair an old one this way easily or if you don't mind spending a
few bucks just buy a new set and do this to them before you paint and intall
them .
Regards,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L