Re: flashers won't flash

To: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: flashers won't flash
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 16:36:04 +1000
At 3:06 PM +1000 13/3/98, Larry Hooven wrote:

>trevor, i don't know for sure but according to my diagram for the spit,
>the bulbs resistance is used as part of the timing circuit for "blink"
>rate, gm is famous for this.  that's how you tell you have a brake light
>out, when you hit the signal and the arrow's don't go blinky blinky, tr
>series may be different, but even the 63 chevy uses this method. (which
>is why you'll find p/u  trucks with trailers blink faster, lower
>resistance in the bulbs)

That is a fairly widespread practice (even TRs), for the obvious reason
that it tells the driver that a bulb has failed.  Usually however, the
internal turn indicator light stays on and does not blink or blinks very
slowly.  I also seem to remember that the hazard lights always blink at the
same rate regardless of the state of the bulbs, but I would need to check
that.

I just think that it would be too much of a coincidence for both front and
rear bulbs on one side to fail together.  It is not impossible, but it is
not the first place that I would look.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U