Re: Spitfire/GT6/Herald/Vitesse Bonnet Latches

To: kelly.dss.com%PWMS1@email.mot.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire/GT6/Herald/Vitesse Bonnet Latches
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:55:09 -0600
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
>Does anybody in the USA have a pair of these, brand new, still in the
>box? Part number is 607663. TRF lists them as 'Current', but they're on
>backorder. I need them in my hands by next Monday.

Bill chill out,
   There are other places that sell parts besided TRF.
They are listed in the Victoria British Catalog (800) 225-0088. Part Number
9-9427 My catalog shows them to be 32.95.
   I don't see what the panic is as the car should be painted without these
in place. Anyway give them a call and have them overnighted.  You might call
Dick Burger at British Parts Connection (207) 990-3422 and get a discount.
Who knows it might just cover your expedite fees on the shipping.

Good luck (and you might want a Kippings catalog for that car as well),
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L
Austin, TX