Hydraulic Clutch Master Cylinder Problem????

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hydraulic Clutch Master Cylinder Problem????
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:05:58 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Listers,

I'm down to what I hope is my last problem before I can drive my
Spitfire.

First some background, I have rebult the clutch master cylinder and
the slave cylinder.  I'm 98% certain that I have all the parts in the
right order and direction.  The symptoms are while trying to bleed
the clutch system, very little fluid and mostly bubbles come out
the bleeder screw.  So I took the slave cylinder off first and
checked the order that parts were in and for free movement.  Didn't
see anything wrong there.  Put slave cylinder back on and repeated
bleeding process.  Same thing.  Removed the master cylinder, checked
for proper parts order, etc.  Nothing appears to be wrong there.
Put the plunger back into the master cylinder and when pushing the
plunger in while sitting on the bench, it seems to hesitate before
returning and sometimes even sticks.  A tap on the cylinder will
get it to return.  The cylinder wall is nice and shiny and lubricated
with silicone brake fluid.  The rubber pieces look fine also.  Is
this normal for the piston to act like this?  Does anybody have a
clue as to what I am doing wrong?

It could be I'm just impatient.  After 10 years of waiting, it seems
like the closer I get the farther away it gets!!!

TIA

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)