2.5PI Brakes and 8 stroking

To: <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Subject: 2.5PI Brakes and 8 stroking
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 00:26:54 -0000
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
David,
Aaron's response about your brake servo seals being defective is highly
likely. Wouldn't know whether there's any cylinder scoring and I'm not too
sure your servo can be stripped or not. I could be wrong, but if it's the
type where the front shroud is held to the rear cover by 'peened' strips, I
do'nt think you'll be able to remove it. A sound used one or a re-con might
be the only alternative.
On the 8 stroking matter, you didn't say (did you?) whether your car is a
Mk1 or Mk2. If it's a Mk1, I'd be inclined to have a look at the fuel
pressure relief valve. Sounds to me as though it isn't 'reliefing' or
there's an obstruction somewhere in the pipework on the low presssure
return. It could be something very simple. There's something nibbling away
in my mind about a problem we had (which I think got to a Triumph Service
Bulletin) regarding internal pipe collapse on the various armoured/rubber
connectors. Take them off one at a time and blow through from either end.
If there's a restriction in one blow direction, that's probably the cause.
Time to shut up - comments about blowing could start an unwarranted thread!
John Macartney

"Good Aft'able, Consternoon!"