RE: Oil leak on TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Oil leak on TR6
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 14:08:26 -0000

> ----------

        <<Hi John,

> I had  a similar leak once.  On the rear of the head is a plug - for
> lack
> of a better word.  It is a bolt that screws into the oil feed going to
> the head/rocker arm oiling system.  If that bolt has backed out, or if
> it
> was put back in without the copper washer, it leaks, sometimes a
> lot.>>

        I think banjo bolt is the word you were looking for. But the tip
should be the right one, I had a couple of small leaks there as well, if
it leaks a lot you'll have to fix it, other wise wear increases rapidly,
be carefull when tightening the bolt, don't overdo it, otherwise it
shears off, nasty...

        Gernot