More clutch help please.

To: TR8 <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: More clutch help please.
From: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 18:07:53 -0500
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Well, Im going to face the inevitable and have the clutch replaced.When
the car gets hot reverse is impossible to engage even with new
hydaulics. Because of the various aches and pains us old farts have, I
am going tp have my regular America car mechanic do it,he is extremely
good.My questions are:

Is 55K about when a TR8 clutch normally goes? I think the car had mostly
city driving.

Is there any particular brand of clutch to buy/avoid? On my TR6 the
clutch was no good until I put in a Borg and Beck.My mechanic can get
one thru his usual channels but doesn't know the brand.

I am figuring on pilot bearing, throwout bearing, pressure plate, disk.
Is there anything in the linkage I probably need to get ahead of time?

Thanks as always
Stu