TR3 Starts and looking for 1st TR3

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 Starts and looking for 1st TR3
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 02:51:35 +0000
Hello all,
Monday night I put gas in the 59 TR3 after a year and a half frame up
and after a couple of turns of the distributer and a few revolutions the
TR3 came to life and sat and purred. It's kinda blustery now so when it
gets nicer I'll take it outside so I can properly break in the cam.
Running 10 min. at about 2500 rpm.
I also had found out my 1st TR3A, a red 62, had ended up in the
Netherlands. I sold it in 91 and the guy I sold it to sold it sometime
around 1994. It was kinda different. The fenders and nose had been
welded solid and deseamed, looked sorta neat, but made engine pulling
and radiator work a real pain. This was not done for looks but because
the car was REALLY rusty and should have been left to fade away. But as
an optomistic 18 year old I rebuilt it and drove it about 9 years. I
just thought maybe its latest owner might be on our list.

Cheers,
Mike Thompson
59 TR3A "VRRROOM"
73 GT6 driver